Thank you to all of our clients who joined us for our Social Media Security Webinar last week, as we hosted the ALT-Tech team once again.
Here’s a little of what we covered:
- Did you know that 60% of Canadian businesses had a social media account in 2017? That number has significantly risen over the course of 2 years. Cyber crime is $3 billion industry worldwide.
- We have extensively covered the topic of mobile safety. Here is a list of simple tips and tricks to protect your devices from cyber criminals:
- Know which devices are accessing your social media accounts;
- Keep apps up to date on all your devices;
- Make sure all employees are using mobile security features like PINs or biometric security option (such as facial or fingerprint recognition).
- Password safety is extremely important for any business since 80% of all cyber breaches use weak passwords. Do you know simple ways to protect your passwords? No worries, we got you covered!
- Multi-factor authentication – one extra step could save your company thousands;
- Use strong passwords and keep track of them;
- Train your team on setting up accounts and passwords;
- Change passwords once every three months.
- Other tips to protect your business:
- Don’t post personal or company information on social media;
- Limit the use of third-party apps connected to social media platforms;
- Keep track of your accounts and who has access to them on which devices;
- Always log out of accounts when you are not suing them;
- Be cautious about connecting with unsecured networks.
Here is the link for anyone who missed it:
Stay tuned for our upcoming webinars!