Alberta’s winter is long and cold. It’s even longer and colder without socks.
Non-profits around the province are desperate for sock donations. It might sound silly, but socks are actually one of the least donated items. So they’re a hot commodity during our cold winters.
The heroes at Alberta College & Association of Chiropractors heard the pleas of the non-profits and created the Toasty Toes Sock Drive. Now, every September chiropractors and other businesses (just like yours!) join forces to warm the feet of the less fortunate.
With your help, Alberta’s vulnerable and in-need families can get the socks they desperately need for the winter ahead.
A massive 25,000 pairs of socks were raised by Alberta in last year’s Toasty Toes Sock Drive last year! This year, organizers have upped the ante and are pushing for even more socks!
Yep, chiropractors want to raise 30,000
new pairs of socks this year!
Here’s how you can help:
- Let us know you’re joining us for the Toasty Toes Sock Drive
- Collect socks and/or cash donations
- We’ll come and collect your box of socks towards the end of September
How easy is that?
All you have to do is put socks in a box.
Oh, and to sweeten the deal – we’re going to throw some tasty treats in the direction of whoever raises the most socks. If that’s you, we’ll deliver pizza, cookies or a fruit and muffin hamper to thank you for your incredible contribution!
Join us, and we can make Alberta’s brutal winter just that little bit more toasty for those in need.
Need some ideas?
Gathering up a handful of warm socks is easy! You can collect pairs from your staff, or just load up the next time you run errands!
- Costco, Superstore, Walmart and other popular stores carry bulk packs of socks for all ages
- A dollarstore can be a great resource for warm socks at a great cost
- Even Amazon can get the job done for as little as $10!