As of October 2017, Google will be implementing a new policy alerting visitors of websites that do not use a SSL certificate on their site.
An SSL certificate is an encryption technology that allows data to be transmitted securely. Even if your website does not process any sensitive data, Google will notify the site visitor that the site is not using an SSL, and this could negatively affect your business if users are scared away from using your site.
The goal of the SSL certification is to:
- authenticate that you are the owner of your website,
- that the integrity of your data has not been compromised,
- and to encrypt any communications received or transmitted by your website visitors.
We are offering SSL Packages for all our client websites, which renew annually, making sure that your website maintains its secure status with Google and other browsers.
Additionally, all of our SSL websites are provided a dedicated server IP (internet protocol) address.
There are a lot of companies that do not require that you have – or even have the ability to provide you with – a dedicated IP address. At SiteWyze, we understand the overall importance to ensuring that your site and domain (your www address) maintain the best reputation possible. Here is why we also include a dedicated IP address with every SSL package:
- Your email reputation. If you share an IP address with other websites via a shared IP, and any of those other websites spam via email, your email will also be blacklisted.
- Search engine optimization. A dedicated IP address helps speed up your site and is good for SEO.
- Custom website applications. A dedicated IP address may be required for certain website applications, including online stores, booking engines, custom newsletter programs, etc.
- Cross-browser compatibility. A dedicated IP address is less likely to experience issues than a site no a shared IP.
- Maximum support. Ideal for backend access to each website for the host provider when providing domain level support.
- Protect your site against hacking. When using a shared IP address, if another account using the same IP is hacked (usually for lack of email address password strength), your domain is also susceptible. When you have a dedicated IP address, you do not have to worry about what happens to other sites, or their vulnerability.
It is important to note that adding an SSL and dedicated IP address for your website is not a mandatory step to take, however, we encourage our clients to consider taking this little step that can have a big effect on your overall site and email setup.
The fees for SSL certificates and dedicated IP addresses are added to your monthly hosting fees. If you have questions, or would like to know more about adding this security feature to your website, please contact me directly and I will be happy to help!
Direct: 780-702-2706 ext 221