Part 1: The Importance of Online Marketing
After getting a new website design done, you now have a great looking website and you’re ready to put it out there and watch the sales just pour in – right? Wrong. Sure, having an attractive site that looks professional and is an effective sales tool is a critical part of your business marketing strategy, but it’s only the first step. The next step is to promote your site and find a way to drive traffic to it that will ultimately generate sales leads and new business.
How do I do that? Well there’s a number of ways to advertise your website, including more traditional techniques such as print ads in industry magazines, or radio and TV spots, but those can only be effective to a certain point, and the later targeting a very wide range of demographic. Online marketing is far more cost effective and is significantly more targeted making it a very effective and important aspect of any business marketing strategy.
Here’s a few more points about online marketing and its importance:
- You keep your business relevant in today’s marketplace – Having an online presence tells others that your business is up-to-date with today’s marketing techniques which helps maintain relevancy in your industry.
- You reach out to your target audience effectively – Online marketing allows you to increase your reach and get the attention of a bigger segment of your target audience than with other marketing strategies. More people come to know about your business, and if you can attract them, you will get more leads.
- You develop an online brand for your business –An online brand can help you appear as a credible and reputed organization, giving you more visibility. People talk about you, which increases your awareness even more.
- You enjoy more web traffic – Your website serves as a window into your brand. Online marketing allows you to increase visitors on your site. As long as your site is attractive and gives people the information they want, you should get plenty of leads and conversions.
- Your ROI increases – online marketing budgets are flexible and is an investment that can pay off and really help increase your sales and bottom line. Typically, the more time and budget you invest, the better your return.
- You grow your business – Online marketing involves generating leads, conversions, brand image, online visibility, web traffic, which all result in more sales and greater profits. And when revenues start flowing in, you grow your business and emerge as a successful organization.
There are a number of online marketing techniques that will promote your site and help generate new sales leads including:
Click on any or all of the above to learn more about them and find out how they can help grow your business.
This is PART ONE in a 5-part series on Online Marketing. Click below to skip to the next section: